Hands of Compassion HomeCare's Non-Medical Homecare services send caring professionals to help with health related activities of daily living. People who typically order Non-Medical Homecare services include:
- Retirees who are worried about their safety alone at home or who are finding it difficult to support their former quality of life on their own. Bear in mind that INDEPENDENCE is not being able to do everything one's self. INDEPENDENCE is being in charge of how your things are done. If declining strength, energy, vision, flexibility, etc. stops you from preparing hot meals as often as you would like, keeping your house as clean as you would like, or from other personal goals, you are losing your independence to age. Hands of Compassion HomeCare can send the right people to put the safety, health, and confidence back in your home.
- Family members caring for an elderly loved one. This is no small task. Underestimating the physical and emotional toll of doing this work without adequate support commonly results in caregiver fatigue and caregiver burn out. Recruiting support so that family caregivers can have vacations and time for themselves stabilizes the home care giving situation and makes it a better situation for everyone involved - long-term.
- Disabled Adults who could use help with activities of daily living.
- Mothers pregnant or postpartum who need temporary help around the home.
Imagine having a qualified, friendly person helping with the activities that make your home a home. From keeping it clean, to light meal preparation, to helping with hobbies and activities, to protecting your safety at home, Hands of Compassion HomeCare staff are qualified to help in a number of ways. Here are the broad categories of service we usually provide through Non-Medical Homecare:
- Light house cleaning
- Light meal preparation
- Assistance with medications, medication reminders, medication pick-up (Note: only registered nurses can set-up med minders).
- Assistance with ambulation (walking around your home)
- Skin care
- Monitoring of vital signs
- Supervision for elderly who should not be left alone
- Companionship (Assistance with activities important or enjoyable to clients: writing letters, responding to emails, paying bills, playing board games, scrap booking, etc.)
If you or someone you know could benefit from friendly assistance at home, please contact us today.
The Team You Can Trust
Hands of Compassion HomeCare matches friendliness and caring with high professional standards. If you value punctuality, thoroughness, and knowledge, take a good look at the services of Hands of Compassion HomeCare. Standard employee qualifications for our certified nursing assistants include:
Certification from an accredited training program.
Successful completion of an initial written test
Successful completion of a live skills competency test conducted by a registered nurse
Clear criminal background check
Thorough professional reference check
Minimum 12 hours of continuing education annually (cumulative)
Annual skills evaluations conducted by an RN
Initial and ongoing demonstration of the Hands of Compassion philosophy of care